One year ago the Queen of Denmark apparently nailed it:
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark has called on the country "to show our opposition to Islam"
Of course, the telegraph puts its own spin on things, using words differently than I would:
"Her comments further undermined the image of Denmark as a liberal haven for those seeking a new life in northern Europe."
For example, I would say that a country in which religious fundamentalism (and that is what Islam has become these days, and what Queen Margrethe is talking about) is opposed IS a liberal haven. That's what liberalism is about.
And considering what the rest of the world is mostly like it would certainly constitute a liberal haven for those seeking a new life in Europe, because that is what a "new life" is, a life without Islam.
To be a flag sales man in Palestine, that would be good. How many Danish flags did they have in stock? And why can Muslims happily burn flags with Christian symbols while denouncing Muhammed cartoons as disrespectful. What's wrong with these people?
Some Muslims have said that the Danish cartoons are inappropriate because they associate Islam with bombs. I agree that it is wrong to associate Islam with bombs. But it is not the Danes who did that. It was the Iranians and Arab Palestinians who did it.
And here is what should happen now:
1. The next time an Arab news paper publishes an anti-Christian cartoon, Christian countries (and there are many in Europe) should withdraw their ambassadors. An apology should be demanded EVERY SINGLE TIME an Arab news paper published such a cartoon. (It happens every few days.)
2. There is a sura in the Qur'an that says that G-d gave the land of Israel to the Israelites and that they will return there before the day of judgment from many nations. Israel should put the quote on her flag, in Arabic.
3. The US government should thank the Saudi government for their support in the Iraq war and for bringing the world's attention to Saddam Hussein, also for their valuable information and offers of military assistance. That should get things going.
4. Muslims who protest on the streets in European cities, when announcing that they reject the rule of law in Europe or want to fight the EU or any if its member countries, should be expelled immediately. For each such expelled individual, an asylum seeker from Africa should be allowed in. There are enough of them waiting at the border between Morocco and Ceuta and Melilla. Both groups will be informed about the arrangement.
5. All the funding for Palestine should be cut and sent to sub-saharan Africa instead. It doesn't matter where. It will do more good there, where people are hungry and do not burn Danish flags or try to exterminate their neighbours.
6. Israel should finish the border fence and return all the occupied territories to Egypt and Jordan. Jordan doesn't deserve such a fate, I know, but I am sick and tired of hearing about a state named "Palestine" that Israel is allegedly occupying.
I would boycott Arab products, but the Arab countries are not producing anything of interest to anybody.